Now that the general election dust is slowly beginning to settle, there is a departing minister whom I want, perhaps surprisingly, to pay tribute to – and another person I would like to welcome into her new role in Government. The person I want to offer praise to is Steve Webb, who lost his north […]
Figures were boosted elsewhere in the business, particularly with a 17 per cent increase in assets at LGIM.
The Liberal Democrats is to announce plans to give local authorities power to double council tax on second homes. The announcement comes as part of a “Countryside Charter” unveiled today in Cornwall by Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg. The Lib Dems hope that by allowing councils to charge up to 200 per cent council tax, […]
TSB has rolled out its buy-to-let proposition to the rest of its broker panel. The lender has been piloting its buy-to-let proposition with London & Country for the past two months. Initially, TSB has made available five-year products with further deals to be launched over the coming weeks. Rates start at 3.49 per cent and […]
The manager of the Artemis Strategic Assets Fund explains why he is holding onto his (expensive) bond shorts and unusually is keen to buy equities.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Inside the legal battle for Sipp supremacy
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up