Advisers fear the first four escalating fines issued to employers by The Pensions Regulator are the tip of the iceberg as more than a million of the UK’s smallest firms prepare to auto-enrol staff for the first time. The regulator’s latest quarterly compliance bulletin shows it sent £400 fixed penalty notices to 198 employers in […]
Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
Towergate Financial has rebranded to Wren Sterling following a management buyout. The new name will cover Towergate’s 110-strong adviser business. Mortgage broker John Charcol is expected to retain its existing identity. Palatine Private Equity completed a £14m deal in support of last month’s management buyout, backing Towergate Financial chief executive Warren Page to lead the […]
The chief executive of Aviva’s UK and Ireland Life business David Barral is to leave at the end of May after 16 years with the firm. Barral’s departure follows shareholder-approved Aviva’s takeover deal of Friends Life. Friends Life chief executive Andy Briggs will become chief executive of the enlarged UK and Ireland life business, subject […]
Interview with Simply Class’ first adviser, Elliot Silk.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up