Fixed penalty notices also increase in Q1.
Cost of battle with shareholder revealed at AGM.
Alliance Trust Savings has bought Brewin Dolphin’s Stocktrade, adding more than £4.6bn in assets, in a bid to make ATS more profitable after a public battle with shareholders on the future of the business. The company has bought Brewin’s execution-only stockbroking business for £14m, saying the deal gives ATS the ability to scale its operations, with […]
According to a business associate of mine (and someone considering his own retirement options) “the sands have shifted since the pensions freedoms were announced”. Now they are here, he believes most rational people will work out the cash option is not that attractive considering the tax implications and the problem of where to reinvest it. […]
Kunal Desai, Head of Indian Equities, Neptune India is in the midst of a significant transformation, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi undertaking an ambitious reform agenda. But what is the current state of the market and what makes India an attractive investment story today? Read the article here For investment professionals only – not for […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up