View more on these topics

Aberdeen acquires Glasgow Investment Managers

Aberdeen Asset Management has acquired Glasgow Investment Managers for £8.95m with the investment team led by Iain Lynn joining the Aberdeen Group.

Aberdeen has acquired Sutherland Holdings Limited, which holds 50.1 per cent interest in Glasgow Investment Managers, and will acquire the remaining 49.9 per cent of the company from Shires Income plc.

In a statement to the stockmarket this afternoon, Aberdeen Asset Management says it will pay £6.25m, plus the value of net tangible assets estimated at £2.7m.

Glasgow Investment Managers manages three investment trusts- Glasgow Income Trust plc, Shires Income plc and Shires Smaller Companies plc as well as funds on behalf of a number of institutional clients. Total assets under management at the end of July 2007 were around £429m.

Aberdeen chief executive Martin Gilbert says: “We are delighted that Iain Lynn and his team have agreed to join Aberdeen. They have demonstrated good performance over a long period, they manage well-established funds and they have a very strong relationship with their clients.

“We have a long established strategy of using selective acquisitions to complement our rapid organic growth and these trusts represent an exciting addition to the range of investment companies under our management. The acquisition of Glasgow will further strengthen our UK equity capabilities and enhance Aberdeen’s position as a leading manager of closed end funds.”

Recommended

GMAC-RFC poaches BDMs from Edeus and Mortgages plc

GMAC-RFC has poached two business development managers from Mortgages plc and Edeus.Craig Bennison has joined GMAC-RFC this week as regional sales executive for the South West, looking after Gloucestershire and Bristol. Bennison was previously at Mortgages Plc and has worked in the financial services industry for 12 years, five of which have been on the […]

Lenders tighten criteria amid sub-prime turmoil

A number of lenders, including GMAC-RFC, have changed criteria and increased rates in response to continued market turbulence.Other lenders have postponed their re-entry into the sub-prime market after withdrawing products. Investec-backed Infinity Mortgages and buy-to-let specialist UX Mortgages, which is funded by Infinity, say they have suspended offer production and are unable to commit to […]

Fidelity predicts market shift in EMEA region

A booming middle class and growth in consumer demand will fuel sector growth in the emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa regions, according to Fidelity International.

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com