HMRC is to change the wording of one of its new tax forms for people reclaiming overpaid tax on pension withdrawals, after confusion over who could use it. Form 55 is to be updated because it currently implies it should only be used if “you’ve only taken one payment and do not intend to take […]
Mifid II does not go as far as the RDR in addressing conflict of interest issues across Europe, says Vanguard head of retail Nick Blake, leaving room for a third or even fourth iteration of the rules. The Mifid II changes are designed to strengthen protections for retail investors across the EU through limits to […]
Police have arrested a 60 year old currency trader over suspicions of a global Ponzi scheme.
Prudential was wrong to block a transfer to a pension scheme it suspected of being a vehicle for a pension liberation scam, the Pensions Ombudsman says. It upheld a complaint from Mr Mark Harrison who said Prudential had refused to act on his request to transfer from a Prudential scheme to the Cheshire Food Services […]
Join Jelf at Employee Benefits Live 2015 for a personal demo of how benefits technology can help you.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up