Paul Thomas joined Money Marketing in January 2010 as mortgage reporter.
After graduating from university, he traveled Australasia before returning to complete a postgraduate qualification in journalism, in Brighton.
- 020 7943 8051
From October, lenders must ensure no more than 15 per cent of new lending is at more than 4.5 times income
Bank committee says move to longer-term fixes could be a positive development for financial stability
The Financial Policy Committee believes new stress testing requirements will push more borrowers towards longer-term fixed rates.
- BNP Paribas pleads guilty to US sanction breaches
- FCA bosses delay bonuses until closed book probe completes
- Lenders expect approval rate to dip 'significantly' over the next three months
- MPC united in keeping base rate at 0.5% despite Carney warning
- Selectapension appoints Paul Yates as development director
- Deal close on broker panel removals
- FCA: Lenders failing to use transitional MMR rules to help trapped borrowers