Gary Jackson is Head of Investment News. He joined Fundweb in March 2011 specialising in investment. Prior to this, he spent three years at online news agency Adfero, where he covered finance, economics, politics, business and literature. Gary studied a undergraduate degree in journalism at Staffordshire University.
- 020 7970 4070
China has posted better-than-expected growth figures for the opening quarter of 2014, leading some to question whether fears of hard landing in the world’s second largest economy have been overdone.
Recent political and regulatory changes - especially after the 2014 Budget and the row over energy prices - have increased the need for investors to review and rebalance their portfolios, according to Brewin Dolphin.
The UK’s unemployment rate dropped below the 7 per cent mark in the three months to the end of February, while average earnings started to rise faster than the pace of inflation.
- UK commercial property outperforms stocks and bonds
- Stuart Mitchell: Six stocks to thrive in European domestic recovery
- BofA ML: Prepare for 10-15% correction in autumn
- EU preparing tough restrictions for high-frequency trading
- Bull market wobbles? Five funds for taking a defensive tilt
- The funds avoiding the worst of Japan’s 2014 sell-off
- Should Greece’s return to the bond market be welcomed?